What candidate do we have who has the qualifications to do the job of running the Clerk's office?
Let's see, who are the announced candidates so far?...
In alphabetical order:
- T. Scott Biller, general manager of Lindsey Funeral Home. Independent.
- Cynthia Fitzwater, Assistant to the City Treasurer. Independent.
- Dianne Fulk, Deputy Clerk, Seeking the Democratic nomination.
- Mike Harvey, president of a real estate and settlement insurance company. Independent.
- Brenda Huffman, Deputy Clerk. Independent
- Chaz Evans-Haywood, former regional representative for former U.S. Senator George Allen. Seeking the Republican nomination.
- Sarah Jones, real estate agent. Independent.
- Benny Neal, self employed businessman. Independent.
- Myron Rhodes, dairy farmer and local activist. Independent.
There are still at least four more individuals who have let people know that they are considering a run. We know who they are, but until they decide to announce formally it wouldn't be fair to name names.
Let's discuss the known candidates for a bit. What are their qualifications or lack thereof?
Who do you like? Who would you like to see?
And very importantly, what are the qualifications necessary to do the job?
And just as important, does it matter if they can do the job or not, or is it just simply a question of who can get elected?