CALL TO ASSEMBLED CAUCUS TO NOMINATE
ONE CANDIDATE for the 26th HOUSE OF DELEGATES DISTRICT
1. Call. Pursuant to the authority provided by the Virginia Democratic Party Plan, the Harrisonburg City and Rockingham County Democratic Committees hereby call an Assembled Caucus to be held at 7:00pm, on Thursday May 14, 2009, at the Harrisonburg City Council Chambers, 409 South Main Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
2. Incorporated Documents. All appropriate provisions of the Code of Virginia (“Code”), Virginia Democratic Party Plan (“Party Plan”) and the Bylaws of the Harrisonburg and Rockingham County Democratic Committees (“Bylaws”) are incorporated into this Call and made a part hereof.
3. Purpose. The sole purpose of this Caucus shall be to nominate one candidate for the 26th House of Delegates District of the Virginia General Assembly, in accordance with the Code, Party Plan and Bylaws.
4. Candidate Requirements: Each candidate for nomination must meet the requirements specified by the Code, the Party Plan, and the Bylaws. Filing forms may be obtained from the Chair of the Harrisonburg Democratic Committee at
5. Notice Requirements: It shall be the duty of the Harrisonburg and Rockingham County Democratic Committees, and their officers and members, to ensure that this Call receives the widest possible dissemination.
6. Voting Eligibility and Requirements: Any Democrat who is registered to vote in the 26th House of Delegates District may vote in the Caucus, provided that he or she signs a declaration that he or she is a Democrat, is a registered voter in the 26th House of Delegates District, believes in the principles of the Democratic Party, will not participate in the nominating process of any other political party and does not intend to support any candidate who is opposed to a Democratic nominee in the next election for the 26th House of Delegates District.
7. Caucus Committees and Officers: The Chairs of the
8. Outreach: Participation in the Caucus is open to all registered voters who wish to participate as Democrats. The
This Call to Caucus adopted on 5-02-2009.
Alan Peter Finks, Chair,