Degner Seeks Third Democratic Nomination
Harrisonburg, VA — Kai Degner plans to announce his candidacy for Harrisonburg City Council Thursday, June 5, at 5:15 at Clementine Cafe in downtown Harrisonburg.
The free event will feature a brief introductory speech by Degner followed by an open community discussion, which Degner plans to make a staple of his campaign.
Degner plans to focus his campaign on three issues: smart growth, citizen education, and open government.
"Harrisonburg is changing extremely quickly and we have an opportunity to make decisions today that will preserve the character and spirit of Harrisonburg in 10, 20, and 50 years. The city government has an opportunity to involve citizens in current decisions about the future at a larger scale than has ever before been seen. I have direct experience and knowledge to create additional ways for the city government to be responsive to citizen input."
Quick Facts about Kai Degner
• Member of Harrisonburg's Board of Zoning Appeals
• Graduate of the Harrisonburg Citizen Academy's Inaugural Class
• Executive Director of the Arts Council of the Valley
• Small Business Owner
• Co-founder of The OrangeBand Initiative
• Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and Bachelors of Science from JMU
• Member of the Harrisonburg-Massanutten Rotary Club